Thursday, September 16, 2010

coming unglued

he's got this cool, calm, collected, This-is-what-we're-gonna-do way about him. he's reasonable, and forward thinking. he sees the big picture. except today, when i presented him with a proposal about where i want to take my business and the fact that i wanted to invest in a new lens (or 3). that's when the cool, calm, collected man i call my loving, wonderful husband came a little...unglued.

please do not misinterpret: he supports everything i set my mind to, with an undying love and affection that i may not always deserve. however, as i have been famed to do, he was caught off guard. somewhere between a mid-day stop at home for lunch, my sugary sweet voice, and his next bite of an egg sandwich, i struck a cord with the reasonable man that i love--the one that pulls me back from the edge right before my compulsive, ask-forgiveness-later self blazes a trail with my mastercard in tow, all the way to the local photography shop to buy them out. THAT man is the one that came unglued.   

when i really want to do something, when i REALLY put my mind to it, i'm pretty much unstoppable. i will pick away at every detail and labor over a project until it is perfect--or at least satisfactory. but this time, i didn't push. i could see his frustration. i'm going back to school, we're saving for a house, and planning for my loans, and there's that vacation that we have been putting off since we got married...3 1/2 years ago. and then there's my new camera that we just bought, and i swore i wouldn't ask for anything for a while...and then i realized that the lens that came with my camera was crap. but, i didn't push. he gives and gives and gives. 

he left to get back to his daily responsibilities...and i sulked. let's be honest, i like to get my way. but i dropped it, and expected to not talk about it for a long time. i called and rented what i needed for my upcoming shoot. i would just make it work. i went to the grocery, did some laundry, bought books for the start of classes, and watched a little bravo (love!)...hours later, the garage door opens. the silence is audible. i ask how his day was, and he strolls over to me and envelopes me in his strong, affectionate arms. "how much is it?" i tell him all i want is one. and i will work overtime. and i will use it and care for it like it were my first born. "we'll make it work". and i know he means it. because he loves me, supports me, and understands the importance of a dream.

on another note, speaking of dreams...i stumbled across this photo today (which is EPIC!) while i was cleaning old files off my computer... it reminded me of my dreams that have come true...marrying my husband, having a loving family, a wonderful home, and the cutest pup ever. this photo is EPIC for several reasons, and i just had to share. 1. it was literally taken during the last vacation we took together alone (as mentioned above), our honeymoon!  2. yes, we are in vegas. yes, we are at hooters. and YES it was at my request because i-love-their-wings. classy? no. delicious? yes. 3. massive inspiration for both of us to get back into shape. lens or no lens, i love my husband and my life. thank God for both :)


1 comments:

mommy2munchkins September 16, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

Awe...you are so cute and it sounds like you have a wonderful hubby!

BTW - thanks for the tips on the textbooks today :)

About This Blog