Friday, December 17, 2010

THE BIG GUY | CHRISTMAS

i landed the biggest job of my life. i couldn't believe it. this was it--the turning point of my photographic career. i was stunned. a star. i was going to be shooting a STAR! when jess first emailed me and asked me to photograph their holiday party a few weeks ago, so many thoughts were flying through my head. am i ready for this? what should i wear? have i been good this year? i wonder if he will bring his sleigh? maybe Rudolph and i can hangout and drink some nog. i better get my list in order. and bake a couple dozen cookies. that's right, folks. i was going to meet the big guy. SANTA. :)

the stockings were hung by the chimney with care, and the kitchen was oozing with wonderful smells. the tree stood proud in a corner, glistening and glowing, while the sound of bells echoed throughout each room. each berry and chocolate and light was in place, and as the guests entered in, children's laughter rang loud and clear. little did they know, he was coming--making a surprise appearance!

Christmas holds wonderful nostalgic memories for me that i look forward to all year. jess and brad started creating these same wonderful memories for their family and friends by hosting a holiday party featuring the man in red himself. there were tons of great memories made that night, and the looks on the kids faces were priceless, but here are a few of my favorite editorial style pics of the night. and i know you were wondering... Rudolph preferred a good glass of Riesling, and Santa loves my baking.

0 comments:

About This Blog